
During the week of October 27th-30th my sweet husband and I were able to spend some time at North Lake Tahoe, Nevada. I was there for a software conference and KD was able to tag along. It is truly a beautiful place.
We flew into Reno, Nevada on Monday evening. After about a 45 minute ride on a shuttle to Incline Village, Nevada we arrived at the Hyatt at Incline Village. On the ride up to Incline Village we couldn't see much as it was around 10:00pm local time when we arrive. I could tell however, that there were a bunch of trees and some houses built among those trees. Incline Village is a small community nestled in very large trees. It is gorgeous. One of the comments made by someone from New York was that when he stepped outside it smelled like the air freshener in his car.
We were able to attend a dinner/dance cruise on the Tahoe Queen. This is a riverboat that cruises on Lake Tahoe for about 3 1/2 hours while you dine and dance to a live band. Although it was chilly when we were on the upper deck, I can honestly say that was the first time in a long time I have seen the night sky in all it's splendor. It reminded Kevin of days gone by in St. Louis.
Here are some more picures. If you ever have an opportunity, it is a very nice place to visit.

View from our hotel room at the Hyatt

Lake Tahoe in the morning

Lake Tahoe from Lone Eagle Grill (this is the view we had during all of our meeting)

View of Lake Tahoe from Mt. Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment