Monday, December 22, 2008

Healing Power

The first picture I ever saw of my sweet husband was of him standing next to country singer Rhett Akins. That describes my husband to a tee. Music is his life and for that, I am grateful. He has been a great influence in my music choices and has taught me more than I ever thought I would know about any artist or genre of music in my lifetime.

Almost every story KD has told me has a song related to it somehow. I can call him up and ask him who sings almost any song and he can pretty much tell me. KD has taught me to really listen to the words...really listen to the message.

Some of the best memories I have had with my dear husband to date have been from concerts we have gone to together. My favorite is when we saw Mr. Randy Travis in concert at Kingsbury Hall in October 2005. Mr. Travis has helped KD through a lot and in fact, he sings one of KD's favorite songs of all time, "Forever and Ever, Amen." This song means a lot to KD and to his mother.

We recently lost KD's uncle and best friend to cancer. It has been difficult for all of us. Tears still fill my eyes when I think of sweet Uncle J. One of John's favorite songs was "Angels Among Us" by Alabama. Every time I hear this song my eyes swell as I think about our dear friend and uncle. We miss you J!

Music heals!
If you browse through my playlist on this blog you will see a pretty eclectic collection of songs. I love it all. I owe my husband a great deal of thanks for introducing me to such a large variety of music. Thank you my love!

I hope that as you listen to the radio in your car or your iPod, MP3 player, or whatever it is you enjoy, you listen closely to the words. Find a song that inspires you. Grow from it. Let it heal was ails you.