Thursday, October 15, 2009

Balance

I attended a meeting this week where the topic was Balancing Stress in Your Life. One of the handouts given listed several suggestions for accomplishing balance in your life. One suggestion was "Don't fret about things you can not control". I leaned over to my friend sitting next to me and pointed out that suggestion letting her know that this was something that I needed to work on. She told me that it is liberating when you do. She said that she has recently been able to do this and it has made a difference in her life. Of course I had to ask how she did it.

I must admit, her response surprised me. She said that I needed to get in touch with my spirituality. She realized from reading a passage that if she continued to fret about things that were out of her control then that meant that she didn't trust that God could handle it.

Wow!!! I didn't know what to say. Here I am a 39 year old woman who was raised in a religious family and have tried to allow God to be a part of my life. I will admit, I haven't been very successful the past few years. The thought that I didn't trust that God could handle things never, ever crossed my mind. I get it though.

So with this blog I challenge myself and anyone else who is reading and would like to take the challenge. Don't fret about things that you can not control! Trust that the Lord will not give you more than you can handle. Trust that the Lord is going to help you along the way if you allow Him to do so. Trust that the Lord knows you.

Thank you to my dear friend for opening my eyes.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Loca chica, thanks for your post. I appreciated your words. Good luck with finding balance!